Problem on querying Access link table in ASP page

tabonni

Hi All

I connected MS Exchange Server to MS Access database using Access link
table function. I can open the database table and see the fields and
data inside the link table. However, the table seems cannot be queried
by SQL statement.

My situation is:
I'm building an intranet. I have a ASP login page for all staff in the
company to login. Other people can't register or login the intranet.
That's the reason I use the company email address to verify username
login name.

After I made the link to the Global Address List (rename to
StaffList), I can see the Alias field. I wrote ASP code to use Alias
field to verify user login name. But, the ASP page seems experiencing
difficulties. I always got the "Connection Timeout" Error.

The procedure I connect Exchange to Access:
[New Table -> Link Table -> File of Type [I choose Exchange()] ->
Choose "Global Adress List" -> Rename to "StaffList -> Finish]

My ASP code is as follow:

<%@ Language=VBScript %>
<!-- #INCLUDE VIRTUAL="/intranet/connection.asp" -->
<% Response.Buffer = true %>
<%

Dim RecordSet, strSQL, strUsername

strUsername = Request.Form("Username")

strSQL = "SELECT Alias FROM StaffList"

Set RecordSet = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
RecordSet.Open strSQL, databaseConnection

Do Until RecordSet.EOF
If(StrComp(RecordSet("Alias"), strUsername) = 0) Then
Response.Write ("You are staff")
Else
RecordSet.MoveNext
Loop

RecordSet.Close
Set RecordSet = Nothing
databaseConnection.Close
Set databaseConnection = Nothing
%>

The ASP code for connection.asp:
<%
Dim databaseConnection
Set databaseConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
databaseConnection.ConnectionString =
"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" &
Server.MapPath("/intranet/IntranetDB.mdb") & ";"
databaseConnection.Open
%>

Please tell me what do you observe? I'm really stuck.

Thank you.