Problem using Java Web Services distribution

James Howe

I'm working on a web application which I'm extending to use some web
services that were written by another group in our company. In order
to use the services, I need to have some SAAJ related jars included in
my classpath. One of the files is the xercesImpl.jar file. However,
when I include this file in my classpath, I get a
java.lang.SecurityException when I try to instantiate the
org.w3c.dom.ls.DOMImplementationLS class. I'm told that "signer
information does not match signer information of other classes in the
same package". I'm presuming this is because some other class in the
org.w3c.dom.ls (or higher?) package was loaded from an unsigned jar
and the new class is being loaded from the SAAJ xercesImpl.jar file,
which is signed.

My question is this, how am I supposed to make this all work? In this
particular case, I need the signed jars in order to talk to my
services, but apparently some other code needs unsigned jars (I'm
suspecting it's HttpUnit, since that is where my code is failing)

Thanks.

James Howe