problem with a script in perl.

Andre

Hello,

not too sure if this is a perl 5.8 or a sendmail (8.12.9).

I have made a script that extract, and save the attachment. I work well but.

if a line, in the attachemant is longer than 139 characteres, the complet
output is screwed with line of differnet lenght, containing aditionnal
characters (like "=" ) even outside the attachment.

a loop like

LOG="/tmp/mail";
while (<>) {
print LOG $_;
}

contains the errors if the attachemnt contains long lines.

Any idea ??

Many thanks in advances.

Andre

Joe Smith

Andre said:
if a line, in the attachemant is longer than 139 characteres, the complet
output is screwed with line of differnet lenght, containing aditionnal
characters (like "=" ) even outside the attachment.

Are you honoring all the MIME headers? If the message has been converted
to quoted-printable, then it needs to be unquoted. This applies to both
the plain text and the attachment portions of the message.
-Joe