Problem with ASP function with Certificate Services

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by MikeF, Apr 29, 2004.

  1. MikeF

    MikeF Guest

    It's an Enterprise CA, in contact with active directory. But web based
    certificate requests fail with the following error reported in Internet
    Explorer (6.0, security set to medium):

    Failed to create 'CertificateAuthority.Request' object.

    When I look in various logs, the only relevant entry I can find
    is this in the Applications Log:

    Source: Active Server Pages
    Category: None
    Event ID: 5

    and then this description

    Error: The Template Persistent Cache initialization failed for
    Application Pool 'DefaultAppPool' because of the following
    error: Could not create a Disk Cache Sub-directory for the
    Application Pool. The data may have additional error codes..

    There are no additional codes. There's plenty of room on the hard
    drive, plenty of room in memory. I looked up the error on MS's site, and
    found only one article about
    it, where they identified the cause as the IIS_WPG group losing
    its permissions on three directories. I checked those
    directories and all permissions were as they should be.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks in advance,

    Mike

    MikeF, Apr 29, 2004

  2. MikeF

    Jan Tielens Guest

    I suggest you post your question in the IIS newsgroups... Probably they can
    help you over there...

    Jan Tielens, Apr 29, 2004