Problem with ASP function with Certificate Services

MikeF

It's an Enterprise CA, in contact with active directory. But web based
certificate requests fail with the following error reported in Internet
Explorer (6.0, security set to medium):

Failed to create 'CertificateAuthority.Request' object.

When I look in various logs, the only relevant entry I can find
is this in the Applications Log:

Source: Active Server Pages
Category: None
Event ID: 5

and then this description

Error: The Template Persistent Cache initialization failed for
Application Pool 'DefaultAppPool' because of the following
error: Could not create a Disk Cache Sub-directory for the
Application Pool. The data may have additional error codes..

There are no additional codes. There's plenty of room on the hard
drive, plenty of room in memory. I looked up the error on MS's site, and
found only one article about
it, where they identified the cause as the IIS_WPG group losing
its permissions on three directories. I checked those
directories and all permissions were as they should be.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Jan Tielens

I suggest you post your question in the IIS newsgroups... Probably they can
help you over there...