Problem with command-line registeration with PyPI in Windows 7

melhosseiny

When I type c:\python32\python.exe setup.py register and press enter I
get the following:

running register
running check
We need to know who you are, so please choose either:
1. use your existing login,
2. register as a new user,
3. have the server generate a new password for you (and email it to
you), or
4. quit
Your selection [default 1]:

So i type 1 and press enter and i get:

Please choose one of the four options!

Why is this happening? It doesn't care what i type. It's always the
same result.

Steven D'Aprano

When I type c:\python32\python.exe setup.py register and press enter I
get the following: [...]
Why is this happening? It doesn't care what i type. It's always the same
result.

I found a similar (possibly the same) problem. I eventually worked around
it by creating a config file with my username and password:

[distutils]
index-servers =
pypi

[pypi]
username:************
password:************

How you would do the same thing under Windows, I don't know.

melhosseiny

When I type c:\python32\python.exe setup.py register and press enter I
get the following: [...]
Why is this happening? It doesn't care what i type. It's always the same
result.

I found a similar (possibly the same) problem. I eventually worked around
it by creating a config file with my username and password:

[distutils]
index-servers =
    pypi

[pypi]
username:************
password:************

How you would do the same thing under Windows, I don't know.

Thank you. It worked for me too. I added .pypirc file with my username
and password in my home folder (i.e. C:\Users\*****).