Problem with compiling c++ sources for windows

Michael Höing

Hi,

I tried to compile the following :
http://www.almaden.ibm.com/software/quest/Resources/datasets/data/assoc.gen.tar.Z
from
http://www.almaden.ibm.com/software/quest/Resources/datasets/syndata.html#assocSynData

I tried it on a unix machine and received the following error message:

zivunix:compile> make
xlC -+ -O -c -o ran1.o ran1.c
xlC -+ -O -c -o expdev.o expdev.c
xlC -+ -O -c -o gammln.o gammln.c
xlC -+ -O -c -o gasdev.o gasdev.c
xlC -+ -O -c -o poidev.o poidev.c
xlC -+ -O -c -o dist.o dist.c
xlC -+ -O -c -o gen.o gen.c
"gen.h", line 183.30: 1540-0063 (S) The text "StringSet" is unexpected.
make: *** [gen.o] Error 1
zivunix:compile>

How can I solve the problem? I also tried borlands bcc32 but also failed.
(I'm absolutely new to this topic).

Who can help? (Or better: Compile the files for windows and send it via
mail. Could not be much work - I think ?)

Regards - Michael