Problem with default Charset Encoding Servlet (Windows vs. RedHat)

J.P.Jarolim

Greets!

Hope someone can help me with this issue:

I've programmed an somehow big web-app for german-speaking users.
They can input data and can view the data later on online.

Everything looks fine on the production server (redhat), but i get a wrong
character conversion of the viewed data on the windows-developement server.
The euro-sign for example. I can correct this behaviour local by adding the
line

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=Cp1250" %>
or
<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=Cp1252" %>

to the jsp-pages i use, but now the pages modified this way aren't viewing
the correct chars on the redhat machine anymore :-(

Anyone a clue how to equalize the settings on the windows machine to the
redhat system?
I don't want to develop code which i have to alter before uploading to the
production system...

Or how can i set the default output encoding for the system or java in
general?

Developing on a
winxp server 2003 german box,
apache 1.x and