Problem with gem or ruby 1.8.5 or fxruby or maybe 64bit ????

Marinho Tobolla

Hi there.

Well i have a little problem. I just recently installed ruby 1.8.5 and rubygems 0.9 and Fox 1.6.4 and fxruby 1.6.
For fxruby i installed the gem and that seems to work. As you can see gemm list -local shows fxruby. But for some reason it wouldn´t
be found. if i use irb neither require 'fox16' nor require 'rubygems' require_gem 'fxruby' work.
Can somebody help me ?

Some more information ´bout my system.

I use linux slackware 10.2 and Suse 10.0 64 bit. It doesn´t work on both systems.

Thanks

Marinho

# gem list --local

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

fxruby (1.6.0)
FXRuby is the Ruby binding to the FOX GUI toolkit.

sources (0.0.1)
This package provides download sources for remote gem installation
root@wintermute:~# irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'fox16'
LoadError: no such file to load -- fox16
from (irb):1:in `require'
from (irb):1
irb(main):002:0> require 'rubygems'
=> true
irb(main):003:0> require_gem 'fxruby'
LoadError: no such file to load -- fox16
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:229:in `activate'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:228:in `each'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:228:in `activate'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:66:in `active_gem_with_options'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:59:in `require_gem'
from (irb):3
irb(main):004:0>

Joel VanderWerf

Marinho said:
Hi there.
Well i have a little problem. I just recently installed ruby 1.8.5 and
rubygems 0.9 and Fox 1.6.4 and fxruby 1.6.
For fxruby i installed the gem and that seems to work. As you can see
gemm list -local shows fxruby. But for some reason it wouldn´t be found.
if i use irb neither require 'fox16' nor require 'rubygems' require_gem
'fxruby' work. Can somebody help me ?

Your gem list shows that you don't have any other gems installed. Have
you tried installing and using other gems?

Marinho Tobolla

Well pdf-writer gem seems to work. Maybe its a 64 bit problem. Fox
works, i tried the calculator. And fxruby did work AFTER installing it
from the sources AND after isntalling Ruby 1.8.4. Still it´s not a good
solution for me, i would prefer to install it from gem.

Austin Ziegler

Well pdf-writer gem seems to work. Maybe its a 64 bit problem. Fox
works, i tried the calculator. And fxruby did work AFTER installing it
from the sources AND after isntalling Ruby 1.8.4. Still it=B4s not a good
solution for me, i would prefer to install it from gem.

I don't know if there is a binary gem distributed for FXRuby, but if
it is, it's almost certainly only built for 32-bit Ruby.

-austin
--=20
Austin Ziegler * (e-mail address removed) * http://www.halostatue.ca/
* (e-mail address removed) * http://www.halostatue.ca/feed/