Problem with IIS 5.1

Clemens

I have just installed IIS 5.1, however I have done so *after* I have
installed the .NET Framework, and it therefore seems that IIS is not
configured to serve ASP.NET pages. Whenever I point my browser to an
..aspx page, it just prompts me to download that page, so the server
obviously doesn't process the file.

Is there any way to configure IIS so as to serve ASP.NET, or do I have
to reinstall the .NET Framework? I work from home and don't have all
the CDs readily available here.

Any answers are appreciated, thanks in advance.

S. Justin Gengo

Clemens,

There is a .exe you may run that might fix this:

running "aspnet_regiis.exe -i" or "aspnet_regiis.exe -r" (from
c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705)

It reregisters asp.net with IIS

I hope it works for you!

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

Ali Nasir

To fix IIS mappings for ASP.NET, follow these steps:
1.. Run the Aspnet_regiis.exe utility:
1.. Click Start, and then click Run.
2.. In the Open text box, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
3.. At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
"%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version\aspnet_regiis.exe" -i

In this path, version represents the version number of the .NET
Framework that you installed on your server. You must replace this
placeholder with the actual version number when you type the command.
2.. Register the Aspnet_isapi.dll:
1.. Click Start, and then click Run.
2.. In the Open text box, type the following, and then press ENTER:
regsvr32 %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version\aspnet_isapi.dll

Regsvr32 returns the results of the registration.

Good Luck
Ali Nasir

Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
heya

bloody nightmare trying to install asp.net 2.0.50727 on my winxp pro iis 5.1.
I am trying to register "aspnet_isapi.dll" however i get an error "dllregisterserver entry point not was find". what does that mean?

I can run the first step ok and normal asp pages process fine.
plz hlep!