problem with pictures

roetiman

greetings

anyone an idea what`s going wrong with the marquee on the left side?
I`ve checked many times the images.
see www.roetiman.nl

(a dutch reggaesite under construction)

thanks in advantages

John

greetings
anyone an idea what`s going wrong with the marquee on the left side?
I`ve checked many times the images.
see www.roetiman.nl

(a dutch reggaesite under construction)

thanks in advantages
Start over and lose the frames before you get too far. You would be better
off downloading a free template. Just trying to help don't take it personal.
It looks like my first one.

dorayme

"roetiman said:
greetings

anyone an idea what`s going wrong with the marquee on the left side?
I`ve checked many times the images.
see www.roetiman.nl

(a dutch reggaesite under construction)

thanks in advantages

If you want to use frames, the first thing to do is to top your
markup for all the html documents with a suitable document type
declaration.

But really, there are so many fundamental mistakes in this set of
pages that it is impossible to advise you to do anything other
than to carefully read through the early material at
http://www.htmldog.com/.

I draw your attention to

http://www.htmldog.com/guides/htmladvanced/declarations/

to make a couple of points:

(1) It has been argued here rather convincingly that none of
those doctypes mentioned on the above page is as reasonable to
use in practice as one not mentioned, namely

This last, I recommend to you. Perhaps someone else can recommend
a tute as good as htmldog but which is less focussed on the
trendy general use of xhtml. But no harm will come to your site
from using xhtml as long as you carefully follow the issues and
the language in the tutes there.

(2) On the above page, it says:

"Finally, if you're one of those wacky people who use frames, the
XHTML 1.0 Frameset document type declaration looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">

That's you! At least follow this advice. <g>

I concentrate on this doctype business because you are at sea on
the coding, you use series of continuous <br>s and also, on the
very same page, lots of repeated <br/>s

dorayme

dorayme said:
I concentrate on this doctype business because you are at sea on
the coding, you use series of continuous <br>s and also, on the
very same page, lots of repeated <br/>s

I suppose I should have added about the contiguous use of "line
breaks": use neither but at most use one or the other
construction depending on the doc standard being followed.

roetiman

yes it is my first webpage..ha ha ha ha
but you try to tell me that it`s better to use no frames?

roetiman

roetiman

well...you don`t like the colours??? ha ha ha ha
thanx you all
the first lesson for me...
kill the man who discover frames.
a statue for the man who discover bier....

roetiman