    see www.roetiman.nl

    (a dutch reggaesite under construction)

    thanks in advantages

    roetiman, Oct 7, 2007

  2. roetiman

    John Guest

    greetings
    Start over and lose the frames before you get too far. You would be better
    off downloading a free template. Just trying to help don't take it personal.
    It looks like my first one.

    John, Oct 7, 2007

  3. roetiman

    dorayme Guest

    If you want to use frames, the first thing to do is to top your
    markup for all the html documents with a suitable document type
    declaration.

    But really, there are so many fundamental mistakes in this set of
    pages that it is impossible to advise you to do anything other
    than to carefully read through the early material at
    http://www.htmldog.com/.

    I draw your attention to

    http://www.htmldog.com/guides/htmladvanced/declarations/

    to make a couple of points:

    (1) It has been argued here rather convincingly that none of
    those doctypes mentioned on the above page is as reasonable to
    use in practice as one not mentioned, namely

    This last, I recommend to you. Perhaps someone else can recommend
    a tute as good as htmldog but which is less focussed on the
    trendy general use of xhtml. But no harm will come to your site
    from using xhtml as long as you carefully follow the issues and
    the language in the tutes there.

    (2) On the above page, it says:

    "Finally, if you're one of those wacky people who use frames, the
    XHTML 1.0 Frameset document type declaration looks like this:

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">

    That's you! At least follow this advice. <g>

    I concentrate on this doctype business because you are at sea on
    the coding, you use series of continuous <br>s and also, on the
    very same page, lots of repeated <br/>s

    dorayme, Oct 8, 2007
  4. roetiman

    dorayme Guest

    I suppose I should have added about the contiguous use of "line
    breaks": use neither but at most use one or the other
    construction depending on the doc standard being followed.

    dorayme, Oct 8, 2007
  5. roetiman

    roetiman Guest

    yes it is my first webpage..ha ha ha ha
    but you try to tell me that it`s better to use no frames?

    roetiman

    roetiman, Oct 8, 2007
  6. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 8, 2007
  7. roetiman

    roetiman Guest

    well...you don`t like the colours??? ha ha ha ha
    thanx you all
    the first lesson for me...
    kill the man who discover frames.
    a statue for the man who discover bier....

    roetiman

    roetiman, Oct 8, 2007
  8. Ha ha. I didn't say anything about colours.
    He's been dead for years...
    He's dead, too, so I guess a statue is in order.

    Please don't top-post.
    http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#upside

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 8, 2007