Problem with RMI file Browsing

bluegene

I have created an Explorer(Basic windows style) using RMI and java.
On localhost it runs fine , but on remote host it shows some
inconsistency.
Though files and folders are visible and ok , but their size (in some
cases) is 0 .
I am unable to track the problem.
Source code is available at geocities.com/dev.sushant/rmi for
review.
(Project is developed in Netbeans and can be easily accessed.)

Esmond Pitt

bluegene said:
Source code is available at geocities.com/dev.sushant/rmi for
review.
(Project is developed in Netbeans and can be easily accessed.)

You must be kidding if you seriously expect anyone to download your code
and put it into Netbeans.

However your problem will undoubtedly be that you are serializing Files
and trying to get their length at the wrong side. File doesn't take its
length with it when you serialize it, or any other attribute except its
name. You need to get all the File attributes you want at the side where
they can be obtained, and ship them all to the other side.

Andrew Thompson

Esmond said:
You must be kidding if you seriously expect anyone to download your code
and put it into Netbeans.
I agree with your basic point, though I *did* download the
OP's 166 Kb of Zip file*. It was disappointing the OP had
not thought to run the 'clean' task to clear the build and
dist directories before zipping it.

I do not have any version of NB immediately available, but
experimented a little with the available build.xml to see if I
could throw the project on-screen, but after ten minutes of
less than optimal results, I gave up and moved on..

* And yes, I was really bored and at a loose end, at the time.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/