    Source code is available at geocities.com/dev.sushant/rmi for
    review.
    (Project is developed in Netbeans and can be easily accessed.)

    bluegene, Oct 26, 2007

  2. bluegene

    Esmond Pitt Guest

    You must be kidding if you seriously expect anyone to download your code
    and put it into Netbeans.

    However your problem will undoubtedly be that you are serializing Files
    and trying to get their length at the wrong side. File doesn't take its
    length with it when you serialize it, or any other attribute except its
    name. You need to get all the File attributes you want at the side where
    they can be obtained, and ship them all to the other side.

    Esmond Pitt, Oct 26, 2007

  3. ...
    I agree with your basic point, though I *did* download the
    OP's 166 Kb of Zip file*. It was disappointing the OP had
    not thought to run the 'clean' task to clear the build and
    dist directories before zipping it.

    I do not have any version of NB immediately available, but
    experimented a little with the available build.xml to see if I
    could throw the project on-screen, but after ten minutes of
    less than optimal results, I gave up and moved on..

    * And yes, I was really bored and at a loose end, at the time.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, Oct 27, 2007