problem with Session expiration in Struts

vyshu

hi,
i have created a small aplication using struts.I just want to know how
to give a session timeout for my application.Once the session has
expired,the user should be redirected to the login page,whenever he
clicks on any link or button.It would be really helpful if anyone can
give me the code to be added to my action servlets or my struts-config
file.
thanks,
vaisakh.

Lew

vyshu said:
hi,
i have created a small aplication using struts.I just want to know how
to give a session timeout for my application.Once the session has
expired,the user should be redirected to the login page,whenever he
clicks on any link or button.It would be really helpful if anyone can
give me the code to be added to my action servlets or my struts-config
file.

web.xml, a.k.a. the "deployment descriptor", notice the elements
<session-timeout>
and
<welcome-file-list>

Also, just to help you out, the word "I" should always be capitalized in
English, and there should be two spaces after the terminal punctuation of each
sentence. This helps the readability of your posts.

In fact, generally the purpose of whitespace in text is to enhance readability.

aindro

You can use as well

request.getSession().setMaxInactiveInterval(600);

the method setMaxInactiveInterval from the class HttpSession.

But I have problem to forward after the session expiration.
After the expiration of the session, I can not forward to the login
page.
I have set the struts-config.xml for :
<global-forwards>
<forward name="welcome" path="/index.jsp"/>
</global-forwards>

but in my Action class :

AccountBean account = (AccountBean)
httpSession.getAttribute("accessToken");
if (account == null) {
//Session expired, go to login page.
target = "welcome";
return mapping.findForward(target);
}

gives nothing. The view, a .jsp page stays the same without any
reaction.
Anyone could help ?
Thanks

vysh

[...]

Have you got any solution for your problem?
If no,try this.
Instead of setting the forward action in the global forwards,try
setting it inside the same action tag.As an action can contain more
than one forwards,it should not give any problem.
<action >
<forward />
<forward name="welcome" path="/index.jsp"/>
</action>

regards,
vysh

Tarkin

[...]

Unless that is shorthand, the way I learned to
do struts-config was to map global forwards to
actions, and then map actions to paths, like this:
<global-forwards>
<forward name="foo" path="/Foo.do"/>
<forward name="bar" path="/Bar.do"/>
</global-forwards>
<action-mappings>
<action name="/Foo" path="/path/to/Foo.jsp"/>
<action name="/Bar" path="/some/other/path/to/Bar.vm"/>
</action-mappings>

HTH,
Tarkin