Problem with textbox template columns in a GridView

jediknight

I am having some problems getting the correct values from a textbox in
a gridview.

When I create the gridview my textboxes are initialised to zeros but
the user can then updates some of these. There are a few textboxes
which where I have set the enabled property to false and these
textboxes work out various javascript equations from the user entry
into the other textboxes.

When the form is posted back, these disabled textboxes contain zeros
instead of the values that the javascript work out for me!

Why is this and what can I do to rectify this problem??

Thanks in advance.

bruce barker

the browser does not postback disabled fields, so the server never gets
the values. you can create hidden fields that javascript can pass the
values back with.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)