Problem with VS 2005 Development Server

DaveOnSEN

Hi, I'm having a problem with Visual Studio 2005 Development Server.
I've recently upgraded from 2003 to 2005. I used to develop and debug
against IIS, so I still have it installed on my workstation.
When I run my app using Development Server, files in subdirectories
don't get rendered. For example, images in ~/supportpages/images/
appear as broken links. I get the same thing for things like references
to .js files where the script doesn't seem to get served. It looks like
non-.aspx/.ascx pages outside the root folder of the site don't get
served. However, if I open up IIS on my workstation and make a virtual
path to the same folder (using a different alias), the site appears just
fine, with all images and scripts working as they should.

How can I fix this problem so I can just keep working with development
server, but still see my site properly? (It's bad if my development
environment doesn't work as closely as possible to my production
environment).

Thank you very much for any insight you may have.