problem_in_my_code

matrix

my goal in my code is to save the form1 in a text file ;but when you
run this code on your computers the button of the "save as file"
doesn't respond on clicking and show me the saveDialog window. by the
way,I donot have compile error
I want to test my code and know where is my error and send me an
explanation

MY CODE:
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
import java.io.*;
import javax.swing.*;

public class Form1 extends JFrame implements ActionListener
{
JFrame frame=new JFrame() ;
JFileChooser filechooser;
JTextField text1 ;
JTextField text2 ;
JTextField text3 ;
JTextArea area4 ;
JButton button1;
public Form1 (String name)
{
super(name);
setSize(350,500);
setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);
JTextField text1 = new JTextField (30);
JTextField text2 = new JTextField (30);
JTextField text3 = new JTextField (30);
JTextArea area4 = new JTextArea (10,30);

JButton button1 = new JButton("save to file");

JLabel label1 = new JLabel ("Name");
JLabel label2 = new JLabel ("Type");
JLabel label3 = new JLabel ("Date");
JLabel label4 = new JLabel ("Description");
button1.addActionListener(this);

JPanel pane =new JPanel();
pane.add(label1);
pane.add(text1);
pane.add(label2);
pane.add(text2);
pane.add(label3);
pane.add(text3);
pane.add(label4);
pane.add(area4);

pane.add(button1);
setContentPane(pane);
area4.setLineWrap(true);
area4.setWrapStyleWord(true);
setVisible(true);

}

public static void main (String [] arguments)
{
Form1 f= new Form1( "form");

}
public File getAFileForSave(){
File file = null;
File currentdirectory = new File(".");
JFileChooser filechooser = new JFileChooser(currentdirectory);

int replycode = filechooser.showSaveDialog(null);
if (replycode == JFileChooser.APPROVE_OPTION){
file = filechooser.getSelectedFile();
}
return file;

}
public void writeStringToFile(File file, String s){

try{
FileWriter filewriter = new FileWriter(file);
StringReader stringreader = new StringReader(s);
BufferedReader bufferedreader = new BufferedReader(stringreader);
String lineread = "";
while ((lineread = bufferedreader.readLine()) != null){
filewriter.write(lineread + "\r\n");
}
filewriter.close();
}catch (FileNotFoundException fnfe){
System.err.println("FileNotFoundException: " + fnfe.getMessage());

}catch (IOException ioe){
System.err.println("IOException: " + ioe.getMessage());

public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent evt )
{
Object src=evt.getSource();
if(src==button1 )
{

File f = getAFileForSave();
String s = text1.getText()+"\n"+text2.getText()+"\n"
+text3.getText()+"\n"+area4.getText();
writeStringToFile(f,s);

hiwa

Here's a canonical form of Swing GUI program involving a long I/O task.
See:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/misc/threads.html
/*
my goal in my code is to save the form1 in a text file ;but when you
run this code on your computers the button of the "save as file"
doesn't respond on clicking and show me the saveDialog window. by
the
way,I donot have compile error
I want to test my code and know where is my error and send me an
explanation

MY CODE:
*/
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
import java.io.*;
import javax.swing.*;

public class Form1 extends JFrame implements ActionListener{
JFrame frame;
JFileChooser filechooser;
JTextField text1, text2, text3, text4;
JLabel label1, label2, label3, label4;
JTextArea area4 ;
JPanel pane;
JButton saveButton;
File saveFile;

public Form1 (String name){
super(name);
setSize(350,500);
setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);
text1 = new JTextField (30);
text2 = new JTextField (30);
text3 = new JTextField (30);
area4 = new JTextArea (10,30);

saveButton = new JButton("save to file");
saveButton.addActionListener(this);

label1 = new JLabel ("Name");
label2 = new JLabel ("Type");
label3 = new JLabel ("Date");
label4 = new JLabel ("Description");

pane = new JPanel();
pane.add(label1);
pane.add(text1);
pane.add(label2);
pane.add(text2);
pane.add(label3);
pane.add(text3);
pane.add(label4);
pane.add(area4);

pane.add(saveButton);
setContentPane(pane);
area4.setLineWrap(true);
area4.setWrapStyleWord(true);
setVisible(true);
frame = this;
}

public static void main (String [] arguments){
Form1 f = new Form1("form");
}

public File getAFileForSave(){
try{
SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(new Runnable(){ // here we have to
wait
public void run(){ // user selection
settled
JFileChooser filechooser = new JFileChooser(".");
int replycode = filechooser.showSaveDialog(frame);
if (replycode == JFileChooser.APPROVE_OPTION){
saveFile = filechooser.getSelectedFile();
});
}
catch (Exception e){
e.printStackTrace();
}
return saveFile;
}

public void writeStringToFile(File file, String s){

try{
FileWriter filewriter = new FileWriter(file);
StringReader stringreader = new StringReader(s);
BufferedReader bufferedreader = new BufferedReader(stringreader);
String lineread = "";
while ((lineread = bufferedreader.readLine()) != null){
filewriter.write(lineread + "\r\n");
}
filewriter.close();
}
catch (FileNotFoundException fnfe){
System.err.println("FileNotFoundException: " +
fnfe.getMessage());
}
catch (IOException ioe){
System.err.println("IOException: " + ioe.getMessage());

public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent evt){
Object src = evt.getSource();

if (src == saveButton){
Thread t = new Thread(){
public void run(){
File f = getAFileForSave();
String s = text1.getText() + "\n" + text2.getText() + "\n"
+ text3.getText() + "\n" + area4.getText();
writeStringToFile(f, s);
}
};
t.start();