Problematical RFC 822 date-time value

Discussion in 'XML' started by sorci-engine, Jun 7, 2007.

  1. sorci-engine

    sorci-engine Guest

    "Problematical RFC 822 date-time value: Sat, 28 apr 2007 19:05:00
    +0200". This tell me the "FEED Validator".
    I made a search through site forums and precedent messages of xml
    groups, but I found no more than a link to RFC 822 specifications.
    My feeds works well but I can't submit it, I think, to search engines
    and feeds directories without solving this problem.

    I'm in Europe, but I'haven't found any specification about "CET" so I've
    indicated: "Wed, 28 feb 2007 19:05:00 +0200".
    Is there anything wrong with it?
    Thanks in advance

    sorci-engine, Jun 7, 2007

  2. sorci-engine

    Peter Flynn Guest

    The month probably needs a capital letter: Apr, Feb

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Jun 8, 2007

  3. "Problematical RFC 822 date-time value

    Offtopic mini-rant:

    You've gotta be amused the tendency of programmers to use big officious
    words like "problematical" but fail to tell you what the actual problem
    is... because the alternative to being amused is to strangle them/us.

    Sometimes it's not our fault; the failure may be buried in a library
    routine or obscure parser state information or other things that make
    accurate reporting difficult. But we really ought to try to do better.

    Joseph Kesselman, Jun 8, 2007
  4. sorci-engine

    sorci-engine Guest

    Thanks, it was just this.