problems upgrading vs2003 project to vs2005

Paul

I have a vb.net web project that was created in vs2003 and uses crystal
reports. I no longer have vs2003 but now have vs2005. I was able to use the
wizard and the project builds but when I view the controls I get the error,
could this be a permissions issue,
/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Projectname is not a valid IIS application.
Any ideas, thanks.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You have to upgrade the project to 2.0 in IIS first. VS 2005 does not
connect to a 1.1 project.

Another option is point to the actual folder the project is contained in and
do the upgrade. You will want to back up to be safe. After you have all
projects upgraded run aspnet_regiis -i from
%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727.

Paul

thanks for the information, I am now able to build but get the following
runtime error
Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine,
Version=9.2.3300.0

I have added the reference CrystalReport Engine and the file is located on
the machine.
Thanks.
--
Paul G
Software engineer.

Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) said:
You have to upgrade the project to 2.0 in IIS first. VS 2005 does not
connect to a 1.1 project.

Another option is point to the actual folder the project is contained in and
do the upgrade. You will want to back up to be safe. After you have all
projects upgraded run aspnet_regiis -i from
%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

I don't work with Crystal, so you might end up having to update your Crystal
bits to those that shipped with 2.0. The 1.1 to 2.0 conversion is generally
very straightforward. The Crystal bits are not Microsoft's, so I am not sure
how compatible they kept them.