Problems when uploading ASPNETDB.MDF to production server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by 3Dfelix, Sep 20, 2006.

1. 3Dfelix

3Dfelix Guest

Hi all, I'm a little web with a login page and aspnetdb.mdf file as data base for users. I've done it on local server, with VS2005 and SQLExpress. On local it run OK. The problem araise when I upload the precompiled site to a production server. On production server I have SQLserver 2000.

I have read that I need to create on server the same db using the command aspnet_regsql.exe.

But I think it should be necessary any other steeps in order to tell the server where is aspnetdb.mdf data base, etc.

Any solution?

3Dfelix, Sep 20, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. re:
    There's very explicit instructions covering asp.net 2.0/SQL Server 2000
    data connections in this blog entry by Scott Guthrie :

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/25/423703.aspx

The section : "How do I change the providers to use SQL Server Instead of SQL Express?"
    has instructions for everything you need to do.

re:
    You have to include the information in your web.config.

There's sample <configuration> <connectionStrings> settings in Scott's article.

Hi all, I'm a little web with a login page and aspnetdb.mdf file as data base for users. I've done
    it on local server, with VS2005 and SQLExpress. On local it run OK. The problem araise when I upload
    the precompiled site to a production server. On production server I have SQLserver 2000.

I have read that I need to create on server the same db using the command aspnet_regsql.exe.

But I think it should be necessary any other steeps in order to tell the server where is
    aspnetdb.mdf data base, etc.

Any solution?

Juan T. Llibre, Sep 20, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question