App_data - ASPNETDB.MDF

Mr. X.

I have visual studio 2008.
My site has a plesk on it.

I want to deploy my project, and save it on the host machine.

Looking for solution for folowings, please :

1st solution
=======
Should ASPNETDB.MDF is necessary,
and can I ignore it (How can I do that) ?

Since the host side trying to make this file automatically.

2nd solution
========

I tried to make the ASPNET.MDF on my machine,
but I got a message :
Cannot make SSPI context.

I persume this is via security, and I should run SSMS.exe
(I have SQL-Server 2005 on my machine).
But where is it ?

3rd solution
========
Can't just finding somewhere a good ASPNETDB.MDF, and is it the only file.
After downloading from
http://www.4shared.com/file/59591680/a5b7abdf/ASPNETDB_TMP.html
(Which is 10M !!! - A problem too).
I got the message :

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due tofailure in retrieving
the user's local application data path. Pleasemake sure the user has a local
user profile on the computer. Theconnection will be closed.
current webrequest. Please review the stack trace for more information about
theerror and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:Failed to generate a
user instance of SQL Server due to failure inretrieving the user's local
application data path. Please make sure theuser has a local user profile on
the computer. The connection will beclosed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of
thecurrent web request. Information regarding the origin and location ofthe

Thanks :)

Mr. X.

4th solution
========
Just finding a good ASPNETDB file somewhere on the internet,
and put it on my site (The site on 3th solution is not thinking to be good).

Thanks :)

sloan

I would review this:
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/25/423703.aspx

If your hosting provider doesn't support Sql Express version, then you'll
need to create a non express database somewhere.

The MembershipProvider is an ABSTRACT implementation, thus there are several
backend database choices.
Express aspnetdb.mdf is the DEFAULT "auto get created" version.

If you already have membership data in place, you can consider this blog
entry for transferring data.
http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!160.entry

Mr. X.

The hosting provider supports Sql Express version,
But I don't have any reference to sql (yet),
so I don't understand why when deploying a dot-net application
(from VS 2008 - VB), I should have ASPNETDB.MDF on the hosting site,
whether I want it or not (as I sent a post on 3rd solution - it's 10M,
and I don't know if this is the only file).

(I see that the site is trying using this file, and create it
automatically).

Thanks :)

sloan

Google this:
<remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>

That might remove the "auto create" mechanism, I'm not sure.

Basically, when you make a new website, the "auto create" stuff is built in.
You have to take steps to remove it if you don't want to use the
MembershipProvider stuff.

Can you clarify what you want as the end result?

A.. I don't want a aspnetdb.mdf (at all) on the host server.
B. I want my own version of aspnetdb.mdf on the host server.
(B2) I want the host server to use Express version as well.

I'm not sure if you want or don't want to use the MembershipProvider in your
(final) solution or not.

Gregory A. Beamer \(Cowboy\) - MVP

The SSPI failure has to do with the ASPNET user account not having rights to
the database. This is common on ISP servers. If you want to get around this
on the ISP, change your connection string or have the ISP allow ASPNET user
(which could be a security issue) or use another account and impersonate
(you will need the ISP's help on this, as well).

Are you doing Membership?
If so, use the admin tool and create the database locally.

To deploy, consider this:
http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!B036196EAF9B34A8!630.entry

Mr. X.

The reason I want to use MemberShipProvider,
is only because I want my site work, without exception.

If MemberShipProvider is neccessary to have things work,
so I will try to learn using it on the hard way.

I need to put a control system manager,
that someone should (with user+password) change some text on the site.

I can have a simple aspx (without using Visual Studio 2008) - I mean by
notepad,
and do the all thing by hand (but I insist using the Visual Studio 2008, for
it's abilties).

I have found in
http://www.4shared.com/file/59591680/a5b7abdf/ASPNETDB_TMP.html

(The simpliest approach is just obtain an empty database, and putting it on
the hosting site - but where ?)

the ASPNETDB.MDF and ASPNETDB_LOG.LDF,
but I don't know : whether version are right,
whether I should change the name.

Where can I obtain good files ?

When I put ASPNETDB.MDF I get another exception
(so the file is indeed referenced by the hosting site, based on PLESK !!!).

Before putting the file (ASPNETDB.MDF ):
==============================
Server Error in '/' Application.

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in
retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user
has a local user profile on the computer. The connection will be closed.

SQLExpress database file auto-creation error:

The connection string specifies a local Sql Server Express instance using a
database location within the applications App_Data directory. The provider
attempted to automatically create the application services database because
the provider determined that the database does not exist. The following
configuration requirements are necessary to successfully check for existence
of the application services database and automatically create the
application services database:

a.. If the applications App_Data directory does not already exist, the web
server account must have read and write access to the applications
directory. This is necessary because the web server account will
automatically create the App_Data directory if it does not already exist.
b.. If the applications App_Data directory already exists, the web server
account only requires read and write access to the applications App_Data
directory. This is necessary because the web server account will attempt to
verify that the Sql Server Express database already exists within the
applications App_Data directory. Revoking read access on the App_Data
directory from the web server account will prevent the provider from
correctly determining if the Sql Server Express database already exists.
This will cause an error when the provider attempts to create a duplicate of
an already existing database. Write access is required because the web
server accounts credentials are used when creating the new database.
c.. Sql Server Express must be installed on the machine.
d.. The process identity for the web server account must have a local user
profile. See the readme document for details on how to create a local user
profile for both machine and domain accounts.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server
due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please
make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection
will be closed.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException
exception, Boolean breakConnection) +800131
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject
stateObj) +186
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand
cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet
bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1932
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean
enlistOK) +33
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo
serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64
timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject) +172
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String
host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection
owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart) +381
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection
owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword,
Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +181
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity
identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String
newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
+173
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions
options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection
owningConnection) +133
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection
owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) +27
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection
owningConnection) +47
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection
outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +111
System.Web.Management.SqlServices.GetSqlConnection(String server, String
user, String password, Boolean trusted, String connectionString) +68

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to SQL Server database.]
System.Web.Management.SqlServices.GetSqlConnection(String server, String
user, String password, Boolean trusted, String connectionString) +124
System.Web.Management.SqlServices.SetupApplicationServices(String server,
String user, String password, Boolean trusted, String connectionString,
String database, String dbFileName, SqlFeatures features, Boolean install)
+86
System.Web.Management.SqlServices.Install(String database, String
dbFileName, String connectionString) +25
System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHelper.CreateMdfFile(String
fullFileName, String dataDir, String connectionString) +397

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

After putting the file (ASPNETDB.MDF) :
=============================
[...]

System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection
owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) +30
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection
owningObject) +424
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection
owningObject) +66
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection
owningObject) +494
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection
owningConnection) +82
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection
outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +111
System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHolder.Open(HttpContext context,
Boolean revertImpersonate) +84
System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHelper.GetConnection(String
connectionString, Boolean revertImpersonation) +197
System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.GetPasswordWithFormat(String
username, Boolean updateLastLoginActivityDate, Int32& status, String&
password, Int32& passwordFormat, String& passwordSalt, Int32&
failedPasswordAttemptCount, Int32& failedPasswordAnswerAttemptCount,
Boolean& isApproved, DateTime& lastLoginDate, DateTime& lastActivityDate)
+1121
System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.CheckPassword(String username,
String password, Boolean updateLastLoginActivityDate, Boolean
failIfNotApproved, String& salt, Int32& passwordFormat) +105
System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.CheckPassword(String username,
String password, Boolean updateLastLoginActivityDate, Boolean
failIfNotApproved) +42
System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username,
String password) +83
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnAuthenticate(AuthenticateEventArgs e)
+160
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AttemptLogin() +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e)
+99
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
+163
eventArgument) +7
sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

ASPNETDB_LOG.LDF make no difference about the exceptions.

Thanks :)