Problems with Attributes.Add("onclick",.... and MyTextBox_TextChanged

Big George

Hello,

Controls on webpage:
- Datagrid
- TextBox

Datagrid has Delete button:

<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Borrar">
<HeaderStyle Width="10%"></HeaderStyle>
<ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center"></ItemStyle>
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:ImageButton id="btnDelete" runat="server"
CommandName="Delete"></asp:ImageButton>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>

At function MyDatagrid_ItemCreated , I add attributes to that Delete
button. So, when the user click on Delete button, then it's showed a
confirmation message before to proceed to delete the record.

Private Sub MyDatagrid_ItemCreated(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal
e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs) Handles
MyDatagrid.ItemCreated
If (e.Item.ItemIndex > -1) Then
Dim mydeletebutton As TableCell
mydeletebutton = e.Item.Cells(0)
mydeletebutton.Attributes.Add("onclick", "return alert('Are
you sure you will delete record...?');")
End If
End Sub

Now my problem is that the user has to write on the TextBox. When user
focus on the TextBox and then press ENTER, then it is showed windows
message: 'Are you sure you will delete record...?'.
I tried to put hide buttons on the webpage, but no success.
Allways when the user hit ENTER on the TextBox, the message appears on
screen.

This function is never raised:

Private Sub MyTextBox_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object,
ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyTextBox.TextChanged
' Some code goes here ....
End Sub

How could I solve that?
Thank you!

kferron

MyTextBox_TextChanged will not fire until postback as this is a server
side event.

when the user is pressing enter, it is firing the clientside onclick
event of the delete button, which is why the alert box is showing.

one thing is that if you don't want it to behave like this, the delete
button should not be receiving focus.. try setting the focus to the
default button you want to react to on enter.

hope this helps

~kcf