Programmatically edit/create Theme

jjack100

In asp.net 2.0 you can apply custom themes based on a user profile,
etc. And you can change the theme programmatically, etc. But how do you
edit or create a theme programmatically? I am working on a content
management system where the user needs to be able to select fonts,
colors, etc. Right now I can only see how to let the user select from
a pre-defined set of themes.

In the old days, you could generate the css file from user input stored
in the db, and then upload this css file to the server. (this is an
authenticated user).

Is there any way to edit or generate a theme through the user interface?

jjack100

I should clarify: the user in this case is the site owner and the
theme he creates/edits would apply globally (for all users of the
site). In other words, think of it like .Text or blogger. I am NOT
talking about personalizing a certain user's interface. I am talking
about creating/editing a theme through a management interface like
blogger. Blogger lets you do this kind of thing by either selecting a
pre-defined theme or by editing the CSS directly. Just trying to
figure out if there is a less clunky way of doing that in 2.0.

Brock Allen

Well, Themes might not be the right choice then. You can always programmatically
add elements to the head tag of the page (since in ASP.NET 2.0 that's a server
side control). Doing this in your master page would be a good choice.