Programmatically Enabling HttpPost from ASP.NET

Matthew Lock

Hello,
I am enabling my web service via HttpPost so that a simple Javascript
client can access web services by posting with XmlHttpRequest.

I have added the following nodes into my web.config to enable remote
access to the web service via post:

<webServices>
<protocols>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
</protocols>
</webServices>

... but I am wondering if there's anyway to programmatically enable
HttpPost from ASP.NET without necessarily changing the web.config file?

Regards,
Matthew Lock

Ad