Programming cell phones in Ruby ?

Nuralanur

-------------------------------1139596489

Dear all,

I would like to play around with my cell phone a bit ... it understands Java
MIDP1.0 -- is there any way to access this from Ruby ?
I have found JRuby in RAA - can you recommend this for some
very simple game coding or changing ring tones ?

Best regards,

Axel

-------------------------------1139596489--

fred.grott

No its not possible as the J2ME JVms are not tradition or standard JVms
but sized down JVMs with severe access restrictions and the like..

David N. Welton

Dear all,

I would like to play around with my cell phone a bit ... it understands Java
MIDP1.0 -- is there any way to access this from Ruby ?
I have found JRuby in RAA - can you recommend this for some
very simple game coding or changing ring tones ?

A language like Ruby is probably a bit big for a cell phone (today's
cell phones, at least). While not as fancy, you might have a look at
Hecl (http://www.hecl.org) which is at least a scripting language with
some of the dynamic goodness of Ruby...

--
David N. Welton