Programming Java 3D API Book Recommendation

Martijn Mulder

What is the best book on programming the Java 3D API? I am experienced in
OpenGL, DirectX and XNA in other settings. I have the book 'The Java 3D API
Specification, Second Edition from Sun.

What book can you recommend for an intermediate/advanced programmer on the
subject of Programming the Java 2D API?

Thank you

Fimme

Martijn Mulder said:
What is the best book on programming the Java 3D API? I am experienced in
OpenGL, DirectX and XNA in other settings. I have the book 'The Java 3D
API Specification, Second Edition from Sun.

What book can you recommend for an intermediate/advanced programmer on the
subject of Programming the Java 2D API?

Thank you

My knowledge is not up to date, and the books are not strictly about the
API, but I use:

Manning: Daniel Selman, Java 3d Programming, 2002, ISBN 1-930110-35-9
(Good introduction, a classic.)

O'Reilly: Andrew Davison, Killer Game Programming in Java, 2005, ISBN
0-596-00730-2
(Nice and instructive codeexamples, also if your focus is not in gaming, as
in my case, about € 36,-)

Books that have nothing to do with Java 3D, but help me with
matrix-manipulation:
Morgan Kaufman/Elsevier: Eberly, 3D Game Engine design, 2007, ISBN 13:
978-0-12-229063-3 or 10: 0-12-229063-1
(about € 62,-)

Wiley: Anton, Rorres, Elementary Linear Algebra, 1994. Ooit bij "de Slechte"
gekocht.

For Java 2D I use the Deitel-books.

H. groeten, Hans de Jong

Simon Brooke

O'Reilly: Andrew Davison, Killer Game Programming in Java, 2005, ISBN
0-596-00730-2
(Nice and instructive codeexamples, also if your focus is not in
gaming, as
in my case, about € 36,-)

I'd second that recommendation. A much better book than its title implies.