    What book can you recommend for an intermediate/advanced programmer on the
    subject of Programming the Java 2D API?

    Thank you

    Martijn Mulder, Jun 19, 2010

  2. Martijn Mulder

    Fimme Guest

    My knowledge is not up to date, and the books are not strictly about the
    API, but I use:

    Manning: Daniel Selman, Java 3d Programming, 2002, ISBN 1-930110-35-9
    (Good introduction, a classic.)

    O'Reilly: Andrew Davison, Killer Game Programming in Java, 2005, ISBN
    0-596-00730-2
    (Nice and instructive codeexamples, also if your focus is not in gaming, as
    in my case, about € 36,-)

    Books that have nothing to do with Java 3D, but help me with
    matrix-manipulation:
    Morgan Kaufman/Elsevier: Eberly, 3D Game Engine design, 2007, ISBN 13:
    978-0-12-229063-3 or 10: 0-12-229063-1
    (about € 62,-)

    Wiley: Anton, Rorres, Elementary Linear Algebra, 1994. Ooit bij "de Slechte"
    gekocht.

    For Java 2D I use the Deitel-books.

    H. groeten, Hans de Jong

    Fimme, Jul 28, 2010

  3. Martijn Mulder

    Simon Brooke Guest

    I'd second that recommendation. A much better book than its title implies.

    Simon Brooke, Jul 28, 2010