Progress bar in asp while file is downloading

shil

Users can view mpeg movies from my website. When users who don't have
DSL, it takes longer time to launch windows media player and play the
movie. There is no indication to the users that file download is going
on. To them it appears hung.

Is there any way to show progress bar on the page while file is
downloading in the background?

My code is:

<HTML>
<BODY>
<TABLE id="Table1" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="479"
border="0" height="74">
<TR>
<TD align="center" class="HeaderText">Nalco Communications Video
Library</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD width="769" align="center">
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

Thank you.

Slim

Yes you can, windows media player gives you events telling you what it is
doing such as loading playing buffering, but this is on the client side not
the server side.

I made a quick example, look at source code, look up the windows media
object at MSDN, it has many events and properties to play with

http://wanews.org/test/WM/WMEvents.asp