Progress Bar

Michael

Hi. I need some script that will show progress bar in classic asp. I did not
found match example. I found samples with bar only when we need many
repeated steps. My function has diferrent time of execution, from 1-2
seconds up to 40-50sec, depend of server speed.

Below the place where I thought it should be
<%
dim path
Set myServer = Server.CreateObject("myDLLServer.myReport")

For i to SomeNumber

path=myServer.GetReport(parameters) ' This action takes a
long time. This loop For does not help me, because i am not jumping step by
step like in recordset. The delay is keep me here as long
' as GetReport function works

call showprogressbar()
Next
%>

Any sugsestion? Thanks

Dave Anderson

Michael said:
Hi. I need some script that will show progress bar in classic asp. I
did not found match example. I found samples with bar only when we
need many repeated steps. My function has diferrent time of
execution, from 1-2 seconds up to 40-50sec, depend of server speed.

Below the place where I thought it should be
<%
dim path
Set myServer = Server.CreateObject("myDLLServer.myReport")

For i to SomeNumber

path=myServer.GetReport(parameters) ' This action
takes a long time. This loop For does not help me, because i am not
jumping step by step like in recordset. The delay is keep me here as
long ' as GetReport function works

call showprogressbar()
Next
%>

You must begin by understanding what "stateless" means. Your script produce
a single HTML document that is indistinguishable from a static HTML
document. Worse, it will wait until the entire process completes before
sending that document.

Your best bet is probably an AJAX approach:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ajax+progress+bar

Anthony Jones