Property Window and 3rd party webcontrols

Mutley

Hi,
I am adding custom controls to Visual studio which can then be
dragged onto a page and the controls properties appear in the property
grid window. The Font property of one of my controls appears in the
property window with a + sign beside Font which can then be expanded
to show the various sub-properties of Font. When the form is saved the
html for the page shows the following <asp:textbox id =... Font-
Bold="True" Font-Italic="True">.
I have a 3rd party control (a charting tool) that when dropped into a
page has a property called Chart that contains multiple properties for
the chart. When I look at the saved html I see the following

<cc1:GSNetWebChart ... runat="server">
<Chart ChartType="Line2D" Size="600, 400">
<ChartTitle IsVisible="True" Text="Chart Title" >
<Border FadedEdgeColor="White"
RaisedLoweredColor="Gray"></Border>
<Background GradientEndColor="MediumBlue" Color="White"></Background>

My question is what setting\attribute relating to a property causes
the Font properties to be saved as name-value pairs in the textbox tag
whereas the chart property has its own tags in the html (I did notice
that the chart property value is a large piece of XML whereas the Font
property value was a Font object) .

Thanks in advance for any help
John