Property Window and 3rd party webcontrols

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Mutley, Mar 14, 2007.

  1. Mutley

    Mutley Guest

    Hi,
    I am adding custom controls to Visual studio which can then be
    dragged onto a page and the controls properties appear in the property
    grid window. The Font property of one of my controls appears in the
    property window with a + sign beside Font which can then be expanded
    to show the various sub-properties of Font. When the form is saved the
    html for the page shows the following <asp:textbox id =... Font-
    Bold="True" Font-Italic="True">.
    I have a 3rd party control (a charting tool) that when dropped into a
    page has a property called Chart that contains multiple properties for
    the chart. When I look at the saved html I see the following

    <cc1:GSNetWebChart ... runat="server">
    <Chart ChartType="Line2D" Size="600, 400">
    <ChartTitle IsVisible="True" Text="Chart Title" >
    <Border FadedEdgeColor="White"
    RaisedLoweredColor="Gray"></Border>
    <Background GradientEndColor="MediumBlue" Color="White"></Background>

    My question is what setting\attribute relating to a property causes
    the Font properties to be saved as name-value pairs in the textbox tag
    whereas the chart property has its own tags in the html (I did notice
    that the chart property value is a large piece of XML whereas the Font
    property value was a Font object) .

    Thanks in advance for any help
    John

    Mutley, Mar 14, 2007