Protected textbox not saving state

John

Hi all,

I have a gridview with bound controls and some column templates. One of
these column templates is a textbox which is used for running totals. I
don't want the user to edit this so I merely set the enabled property to
false. The problem I'm having is that when the page posts back to the server
then back to the client again, the viewstate is gone and it's initialazed to
0.

How can I keep the viewstate and yet prevent the user from editing the
values client-side?

Regards
John.