prototype.js problem + easyphp

Roger (Bordeaux)

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with javascripts that runs correctly under EasyPHP 1.7
but not under EasyPHP 1.8 nor WAMP5 1.6.

I am using the prototype.js library.

I wrote the following :

var url = 'simpleDocument.xml';
var methode = 'get';
var myAjax = new Ajax.Request( url, {method: methode, onComplete:
analyseResponse} );

and further :

function analyseResponse(response) {

alert(response.responseText);
alert(response.responseXML);

}

The following occurs.

alert(response.responseText);
displays correctly the contents of simpleDocument.xml in all cases.

alert(response.responseXML);
displays correctly [object XMLDocument] under EasyPHP 1.7, but 'null'
under EasyPHP 1.8 and WAMP5.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Best regards,

Roger

VK

Roger said:
alert(response.responseXML);
displays correctly [object XMLDocument] under EasyPHP 1.7, but 'null'
under EasyPHP 1.8 and WAMP5.

Set both EasyPHP 1.8 and WAMP5 to return proper content type
("text/xml")

Roger (Bordeaux)

VK a écrit :
Roger said:
alert(response.responseXML);
displays correctly [object XMLDocument] under EasyPHP 1.7, but 'null'
under EasyPHP 1.8 and WAMP5.

Set both EasyPHP 1.8 and WAMP5 to return proper content type
("text/xml")
Thanks VK for your answer.

I will look around to find how to do this. May be you can give a me
indication where to find this ?

Best regards,

Roger

Roger (Bordeaux)

Roger (Bordeaux) a écrit :
VK a écrit :
Roger said:
alert(response.responseXML);
displays correctly [object XMLDocument] under EasyPHP 1.7, but
'null'
under EasyPHP 1.8 and WAMP5.

Set both EasyPHP 1.8 and WAMP5 to return proper content type
("text/xml")
Thanks VK for your answer.

I will look around to find how to do this. May be you can give a me
indication where to find this ?

Best regards,

Roger

The PHP script was missing an @header("Content-Type: text/xml;
charset=UTF-8"); statement.

Best regards

Roger

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Roger said:
I have a problem with javascripts that runs correctly under EasyPHP 1.7
but not under EasyPHP 1.8 nor WAMP5 1.6.

Prototype.js is junk. This newsgroup is not a support forum for it, nor is
it a forum for PHP applications or Web servers. RTFM, and ask the vendors
if the former does not help. Or get yourself a minimum clue, in which case
you will come to abhor such misguided, failed attempts at "simplifying"
common (programming) tasks.

PointedEars

Roger (Bordeaux)

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn a écrit :
Roger (Bordeaux) wrote:

Prototype.js is junk. This newsgroup is not a support forum for it, nor is
it a forum for PHP applications or Web servers. RTFM, and ask the vendors
if the former does not help. Or get yourself a minimum clue, in which case
you will come to abhor such misguided, failed attempts at "simplifying"
common (programming) tasks.

PointedEars

Thanks, this is a great constructive answer.

As you certainly have seen my problem is solved.

Roger

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Roger said:
I have a problem with javascripts that runs correctly under EasyPHP 1.7
but not under EasyPHP 1.8 nor WAMP5 1.6.
Prototype.js is junk. This newsgroup is not a support forum for it, nor
is it a forum for PHP applications or Web servers. RTFM, and ask the
vendors if the former does not help. Or get yourself a minimum clue, in
which case you will come to abhor such misguided, failed attempts at
"simplifying" common (programming) tasks.
[...]

Thanks, this is a great constructive answer.

Yes, it is, as you (and your fellow scriptkiddies) will hopefully no
longer waste the time of subscriber's to this newsgroup and your time
asking _here_.
As you certainly have seen my problem is solved.

No, that only seems to be so.

PointedEars

petermichaux

PointedEars,
Prototype.js is junk.

Why? This sort of statement begs explaination. I've had trouble with
the Prototype.js enumerable methods and don't use them anymore. I think
it is always a matter of variable scope that gets me. I do like the
event observer and handler methods which is all I am using it for right
now. As far as I know, the event methods smooth out the differences
between IE and DOM Level 2 event models.

Peter

Randy Webb

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn said the following on 3/19/2006 10:10 AM:

Yes, it is, as you (and your fellow scriptkiddies) will hopefully no
longer waste the time of subscriber's to this newsgroup and your time
asking _here_.

I waste more time reading your replies about wasting time than I do
reading wasteful questions. Your statement is garbage at best. The only
other thing I waste more time on is reading your irrelevant rants about
attribution lines.