    page? Can global variables be declared?

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Feb 11, 2007

  2. Read up on "Singleton"...
    You'd probably find a zillion implementations at google if you combine
    your search with C# or something...!!

    ..t

    Thomas Hansen, Feb 11, 2007

  3. John

    Matt Vaughn Guest

    Within the code-behind of the .aspx page, you can create public methods and
    properties. The page should have access to them: <#% GetCurrentTime() %>
    will work if you have a public method like:

    public DateTime GetCurrentTime()
    {
    //add code here to return DateTime value;
    }

    Matt Vaughn, Feb 11, 2007
  4. John

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Feb 11, 2007
  5. John

    John Guest

    Thanks for that. I have created the function in Global.asax file in the
    site root as follows;

    script language="VB" runat="Server">
    Shared Function MyFunction(ByVal d As Object, ByVal pat As Object) As Object

    End Function
    </script>

    However when I use it in one of my pages as below;

    MyVar = Global.MyFunction(Now, "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss")

    I get an '"MyFunction is not a member of '<default>' error. What am I doing
    wrong?

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Feb 11, 2007
  6. John

    Guest Guest

    Global.ASP.global_asax.MyFunction(Now, "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss")

    Guest, Feb 12, 2007