Putting certificates in ldap

iksrazal

I have openldap running, and I was able to put java objects there like
so:

Integer i = new Integer( 28420 );
ctx.bind( "cn=myRandomInt", i );

Suppose I already have the cert inside java.security.cert.Certificate
.. What would be the correct syntax to add this cert with ctx.bind ? Do
I need to explicitly add this userCertificate;binary to slapd.conf? My
schema is:

database ldbm
#suffix "dc=my-domain,dc=com"
suffix "o=certStore"
#rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com"
rootdn "cn=certManager,o=certStore"
# Cleartext passwords, especially for the rootdn, should
# be avoid. See slappasswd(8) and slapd.conf(5) for details.
# Use of strong authentication encouraged.
rootpw secret
# The database directory MUST exist prior to running slapd AND
# should only be accessible by the slapd/tools. Mode 700 recommended.
directory /var/lib/ldap_magna
schemacheck off
# Indices to maintain
index objectClass eq