Putting certificates in ldap

Discussion in 'Java' started by iksrazal, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. iksrazal

    iksrazal Guest

    I have openldap running, and I was able to put java objects there like
    so:

    Integer i = new Integer( 28420 );
    ctx.bind( "cn=myRandomInt", i );

    Suppose I already have the cert inside java.security.cert.Certificate
    .. What would be the correct syntax to add this cert with ctx.bind ? Do
    I need to explicitly add this userCertificate;binary to slapd.conf? My
    schema is:

    database ldbm
    #suffix "dc=my-domain,dc=com"
    suffix "o=certStore"
    #rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com"
    rootdn "cn=certManager,o=certStore"
    # Cleartext passwords, especially for the rootdn, should
    # be avoid. See slappasswd(8) and slapd.conf(5) for details.
    # Use of strong authentication encouraged.
    rootpw secret
    # The database directory MUST exist prior to running slapd AND
    # should only be accessible by the slapd/tools. Mode 700 recommended.
    directory /var/lib/ldap_magna
    schemacheck off
    # Indices to maintain
    index objectClass eq