Pygame - Only ONE Font found!?

Askari

Hi,
It's the first time that I this...
I install Python 2.3.4
after, I install PIL for Python 2.3
after, I install Pygame.

But when I play a game (do by me; and work perfectly before my re-
installation), first thinks when I see... the font is not "Times"... I
modified my .py with add the this line :
print "ListFont :", pygame.font.get_fonts()

the resultat is:
ListFont : ['netropaosdicon']

Where is the lots fonts on my system?!?!

Askari

My OS : WinXP (pro service pack 1)

Terry Reedy

If you don't get an answer here (pygame is an application of Python, but
not Python itself), try the pygame mail list or gmane.comp.python.pygame
via gmane.org.

tjr

Askari

If you don't get an answer here (pygame is an application of Python, but
not Python itself), try the pygame mail list or gmane.comp.python.pygame
via gmane.org.

tjr

"Pygame is a set of Python modules designed for writing games."
And I'm redirect to group "comp.lang.python" if I need help.

For "gmane.org"... too long for access help...

Askari

Terry Reedy

Askari said:
"Pygame is a set of Python modules designed for writing games."

I found that line.
And I'm redirect to group "comp.lang.python" if I need help.

I see that 'Python' is linked to python.org but see no reference to c.l.p
on the pygame page. If it is there, it would mean help with the language
rather than pygame itself.
For "gmane.org"... too long for access help...

I have no idea what you mean here. But anyway, if you cannot bother
yourself to ask on the right forum, why expect anyone else to bother to
answer?

Terry J. Reedy

Pete Shinners

Askari said:
print "ListFont :", pygame.font.get_fonts()

the resultat is:
ListFont : ['netropaosdicon']

On Windows, Pygame finds its system fonts in the registry. It looks
under one of these locations. I'd say load up regedit and see if your
fonts are in there.

"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Fonts"
"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts"

Askari

Askari said:
print "ListFont :", pygame.font.get_fonts()

the resultat is:
ListFont : ['netropaosdicon']

On Windows, Pygame finds its system fonts in the registry. It looks
under one of these locations. I'd say load up regedit and see if your
fonts are in there.

"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Fonts"
"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts"

Thanks! :) I fixed my problem to copy the times.tff in a directory and
I can have my font with the function :
pygame.font.Font(pathdata+"times.ttf",XX)

I find only one font in:
"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Fonts"
and a lot fonts (and my font, times) in:
"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts"

Pygame go see in the both key or just the first finded?
And, I export the keys (from "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
\Fonts" to "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Fonts") and, now,
pygame list(find) more fonts with :
"pygame.font.get_fonts()"
but, "times" isn't in the list... :-(

Askari