PyPE 2.1 run problem

tony.ha

Hello,

I have downloaded the PyPE2.1-win-unicode.zip, after unzip it with winzip
into PyPE2.1-win-unicode dierctory on window XP. I try to run "pype.exe"
by double
click on it, but nothing has happen, then when I run it with "run as..."
using the right click button.
I have the following Message in the pype.exe.log

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "pype.py", line 30, in ?
File "configuration.pyc", line 129, in ?
WindowsError: [Errno 267] The directory name is invalid:
'E:\\Downloads\\Python\\PyPE\\PyPE2.1-win-unicode\\library.zip/*.*'

I also copy the "PyPE2.1-win-unicode" directory into
"C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages" and run it, but it behaves the same !!

Then I downloaded the source code and unzip it into "PyPe2.1-src", and run
"python pype.py" in a command window.
The progroam detected I have an older version of wxPython 2.5.5 and askes
me do I want to download the newer version
2.6.1. Which I did.

After downlowd the wxPython 2.6.1 (win-unicode" version). I installed it
into Python 2.4.1, then re-run PyPE.
i.e re-issue "python pype.py" in a command window." I have the following
traceback Error message:

[ Wed Aug 17 09:32:32 2005 ] Loading history from C:\Documents and
Settings\gbr02333\.pype\history.txt

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "pype.py", line 3926, in ?

main()

File "pype.py", line 3916, in main

filehistory.root = root = app.frame = MainWindow(None, -1, "PyPE",
sys.argv[1+opn:])

File "pype.py", line 438, in __init__

self.loadHistory()

File "pype.py", line 1152, in loadHistory

self.config[nam][k] = dict(v)

TypeError: iteration over non-sequence

I wonder does anyone using PyPE2.1 on Windown XP SP2 and have the same
problem? Can any one help
with the problem? Thanks in advance !

Tony Ha.

[...]

I have the following reply from the creator of PyPE (Josiah Carlson).
The
solution for running PyPE2.1 from the source is:

"replacing line 1152 with the following 4 lines:

if isinstance(v, dict):
self.config[nam][k] = dict(v)
else:
self.config[nam][k] = v "

Once I done the replacement as suggested above, PyPE2.1 can run from
the
source now. Thanks Josiah !

jcarlson

Once I done the replacement as suggested above, PyPE2.1 can run from
the source now. Thanks Josiah !

No problem.
I have downloaded the PyPE2.1-win-unicode.zip, after unzip it with winzip
into PyPE2.1-win-unicode dierctory on window XP. I try to run "pype.exe"
by double
click on it, but nothing has happen, then when I run it with "run as..."
using the right click button.
I have the following Message in the pype.exe.log

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "pype.py", line 30, in ?
File "configuration.pyc", line 129, in ?
WindowsError: [Errno 267] The directory name is invalid:
'E:\\Downloads\\Python\\PyPE\\PyPE2.1-win-unicode\\library.zip/*.*'

I also copy the "PyPE2.1-win-unicode" directory into
"C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages" and run it, but it behaves the same !!

I have a solution to that one too...turns out that it was a problem
with PyPE trying to use a home directory inside of the library.zip file
if it couldn't find your platform's home directory. I have fixed it to
be aware of being py2exe'd. Try PyPE 2.1.1, available via
sourceforge.net (remember to verify those hashes!)

- Josiah