[pysqlite 2.0.2] UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 44-45: invalid data

F. GEIGER

A fetchall() call causes the above error. There must be some non-utf8 chars
in the table in question and - indeed - there very likely are: The table
contains pathnames of files on the harddisk of a German "speaking" PC.

What I have already done to try to overcome this is:
- Inserted "# coding: iso-8859-1" (w/o the quotes) in (hopefully) every file
of my project
- All strings I could find prefixed with "u" (w/o the quotes)
- Changed plain calls to execute(q) into execute(unicode(q))

Alas, I am not sure if this all makes really sense, and, obviously it
doesn't. What else has to be done?

Many thanks in advance and kind regards
Franz GEIGER