Python Agile Software Development Tools Screencasts

Robert Kern

Ben said:
I'd love to, but showmedo refuses to show presentations to me without
installing non-free software.

mplayer works just fine on the .flv's.

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco

Robert Kern

Ben said:
Note that "works with mplayer" is not the same thing as "doesn't
require non-free software"; many "works with mplayer" stories have the
unspoken addendum of "... with these non-free codec libraries
installed". But, not having the video files, I can't say whether
that's the case in this instance.

I believe .flv is entirely handled by ffmpeg.
Okay. Where would the public link to those files be?

If I need to "log in" just to download it, that's a needless barrier
that's going to turn me away too.

Yes, you do need to log in. If you don't want to do it, that's fine. I certainly
don't care.

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco

Andrew Freeman

Andrew Freeman

Ben said:
Which leads one to wonder why they don't just present that URL for
download instead of behind a "log in" gate. And how long that will be
possible before they break it +IBQ- presumably the site admins put that
barrier there for a reason.

It appears that the url would be difficult to change; it appears to be
mapped to a database:
http://showmedo.com/videos/video?name=2910000+ACY-fromSeriesID=291
notice the "name" is the same in this URL and the flv.