Python and UML

aine_canby

Hi,

I'm working with Python2.5 and pythonWin.

I'd like to start working with and learning more with UML. Can anyone
suggest any freeware design software that I might use to do this? I
also have
Visio installed on my computer if thats of any use...

Thanks,

Aine

Andrzej S.

I'd like to start working with and learning more with UML. Can anyone
suggest any freeware design software that I might use to do this? I
also have
Visio installed on my computer if thats of any use...

Does not Visio meet your requirements? It's quite powerfull UML design
tool.

Diez B. Roggisch

Hi,

I'm working with Python2.5 and pythonWin.

I'd like to start working with and learning more with UML. Can anyone
suggest any freeware design software that I might use to do this? I
also have
Visio installed on my computer if thats of any use...

ArgoUML as modelling tool. The python-IDE eric also generates UML from
class-hierarchies.

IMHO UML is ... crap, at least when it comes to actual developing. But apart
from that very personal opinion, the non-static-typedness of Python makes
it hard to bring UML to it's full (however small that is in my POV) power.

Diez

aine_canby

ArgoUML as modelling tool. The python-IDE eric also generates UML from
class-hierarchies.

IMHO UML is ... crap, at least when it comes to actual developing. But apart
from that very personal opinion, the non-static-typedness of Python makes
it hard to bring UML to it's full (however small that is in my POV) power.

Diez
from that very personal opinion, the non-static-typedness of Python
makes
it hard to bring UML to it's full (however small that is in my POV)
power.

What alternatives are there?

Diez B. Roggisch

from that very personal opinion, the non-static-typedness of Python
makes
it hard to bring UML to it's full (however small that is in my POV)
power.

What alternatives are there?

Alternatives to what? UML? None. There is no thing that allows you to sit at
a round table, push some rectangles around until everyone at the table
feels comfy & cozy and then release. Coding means typing.

Diez