Python blogging software

Cliff Wells

There's been a lot of blogs started in Python, but given the recent
spate of web frameworks, I'm surprised that some blogging package hasn't
taken front seat yet.

I'm currently using Frog, and it's decent, but lacks some fundamental
features (tags for one). Since Irmen is probably going to scrap it
anyway, I'm kind of fishing about for something new.

I've seen a few written in Zope/Plone, but they looked not quite
interesting enough given the resources it would take to run them. At
least two were started in TurboGears but seem to have vaporized.

Anyone aware of any functional (doesn't need to be complete, beta is
fine) blog software written in Python?

Regards,
Cliff

Irmen de Jong

Cliff said:
I'm currently using Frog, and it's decent, but lacks some fundamental
features (tags for one). Since Irmen is probably going to scrap it
anyway, I'm kind of fishing about for something new.

That is not really true. I won't "scrap" Frog. One of the reasons
would be that I'm using it myself ;-)
Perhaps you confused it with the possible scrapping of the Snakelets
appserver it runs on? I'm thinking about rebuilding Frog on one
of the more established servers such as Turbogears.
But haven't had the time to start this.

--Irmen

Cliff Wells

That is not really true. I won't "scrap" Frog. One of the reasons
would be that I'm using it myself ;-)
Perhaps you confused it with the possible scrapping of the Snakelets
appserver it runs on? I'm thinking about rebuilding Frog on one
of the more established servers such as Turbogears.
But haven't had the time to start this.

Yes, I saw that and took it to mean you were scrapping Frog as well (of
course, if you scrap Snakelets, I suspect any new "Frog" would have
little in common with the existing one except perhaps the moniker).

BTW, I still like Frog (it's still near the top of the Python blog heap
IMO), I just needed some things it didn't have.

Regards,
Cliff