    module so that i could authenticate against /etc/shadow file i tried
    pwd it only checks the /etc/passwd file
    Any help will be appreciated
    shakeeb, Sep 28, 2004

  2. shakeeb

    John Abel Guest

    Have a look at Medusa. There is some code in the examples that checks
    against passwd/shadow.

    John Abel, Sep 30, 2004

  3. Doesn't Medusa run at a privileged level?

    As I recall, the shadow files are used because regular "user"
    level code can NOT read them. So unless the original poster is running
    privileged levels for his code, he can not use the shadow files

    Dennis Lee Bieber, Oct 1, 2004
  4. There is a package called python-pam in Debian. I don't know if it is what
    you want but it looks like it ( PAM : Pluggable Authentication Modules ).
    Christophe Cavalaria, Oct 1, 2004