Python for AI: OWL and CLIPS anyone?

Edward Hartley

Hi
there used to be a CLIPS wrapper working but it is for the older
bindings circa Pyhon 1.5-1.9 IIRC googling the python site will pull
up references like
mail.python.org/pipermail/python-announce-list/
2001-November/001066.html

mail.python.org/pipermail/python-announce-list/
2002-February/001265.html

although the forward references are now broken.
I did track down the original version again though on starship

http://starship.python.net/crew/gandalf/DNET/AI/

The revised version 2 seems to have dropped out of view completely now.
I can confirm that the original interface version did expose CLIPS to
python
successfully though I'm not convinced that passing objects between
environments
is an effective approach.
There is something else you should probably look at as well

http://starship.python.net/crew/mike/TixClips/

which uses the SWIG CLIPS wrapping
so Python -> SWIG -> CLIPS is feasible
essentially the approach adopted in the earlier effort.

Hope this is of some use
Regards
Ed Hartley

Ed Hartley Tel 01524 593675