Python Forum

Jack Diederich

According to the Oxford Dictionary:

fish noun, verb noun (pl.fish or fishes)Fish is the usual plural form. The
older form, fishes, can be used to refer to different kinds of fish...

However, I would correct anyone that ever used "fishes".

"loaves and fishes" would be familiar (but still archaic) to anyone
who has read the King James Version of the bible.
http://bible.cc/luke/9-16.htm

-Jack

rantingrick

"loaves and fishes" would be familiar (but still archaic) to anyone
who has read the King James Version of the bible.http://bible.cc/luke/9-16.htm

I had read it extensively in early life and even then found the
language too odd. Here's one

"""He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off,
shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD."""

Sorry Mister Bobbit, but you must have some stones to enter these
pearly gates!

Check this site:
http://dan.hersam.com/2006/12/06/10-strange-verses-in-the-bible/

I had to dust off an old KJB and read the lines myself because i could
not believe it!