Python to C converter

praveenkumar.117

Hi All,

I have an application return in python. I want this to be
converted to C. I will be kind enough if somebody suggest is there any
tool or compiler to do that.

Regards-
Praveen Kumar A.S

Fuzzyman

Chance Ginger

If you are looking for a "real" python to C, well in this case
C++ look for the shedskin compiler. It will take a rather
nice subset of Python and generate C++ code from it.

It is still rather experimental but I have been using it.

Chance G.

Carl Friedrich Bolz

Chance said:
If you are looking for a "real" python to C, well in this case
C++ look for the shedskin compiler. It will take a rather
nice subset of Python and generate C++ code from it.

In which sense is shedskin a more "real" python to C/C++ compiler than
some of the other mentioned projects? As most of the others (PyPy,
Pyrex), Shedskin works only for a small number of Python programs that
don't mix types too wildly.

BTW: While the RPython (the subset of the Python language that PyPy can
compile) might not be extremely advanced, using it gives you a number of
very interesting features: like having the resulting program been
enhanced to not use the C stack (for deeply recursive code), using
different garbage collection strategies...

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich Bolz

Chance Ginger

Isn't Pyrex for writing extensions to Python? As for PyPy, I
didn't scroll down far enough to see the compiler info. It
does say it is Python written in Python at the top.

Shedskin is nothing but a compiler.