    tool or compiler to do that.

    Regards-
    Praveen Kumar A.S

    praveenkumar.117, Jun 5, 2006

  2. praveenkumar.117

    Rene Pijlman Guest

    Rene Pijlman, Jun 5, 2006

  3. praveenkumar.117

    gene tani Guest

    gene tani, Jun 5, 2006
  4. praveenkumar.117

    Fuzzyman Guest

    Fuzzyman, Jun 5, 2006
  5. praveenkumar.117

    Paul Boddie Guest

    Paul Boddie, Jun 5, 2006
  6. If you are looking for a "real" python to C, well in this case
    C++ look for the shedskin compiler. It will take a rather
    nice subset of Python and generate C++ code from it.

    It is still rather experimental but I have been using it.

    Chance G.

    Chance Ginger, Jun 6, 2006

  7. In which sense is shedskin a more "real" python to C/C++ compiler than
    some of the other mentioned projects? As most of the others (PyPy,
    Pyrex), Shedskin works only for a small number of Python programs that
    don't mix types too wildly.

    BTW: While the RPython (the subset of the Python language that PyPy can
    compile) might not be extremely advanced, using it gives you a number of
    very interesting features: like having the resulting program been
    enhanced to not use the C stack (for deeply recursive code), using
    different garbage collection strategies...

    Cheers,

    Carl Friedrich Bolz

    Carl Friedrich Bolz, Jun 7, 2006
  8. Isn't Pyrex for writing extensions to Python? As for PyPy, I
    didn't scroll down far enough to see the compiler info. It
    does say it is Python written in Python at the top.

    Shedskin is nothing but a compiler.

    Chance Ginger, Jun 7, 2006