Need help in Python automation

Anil Kumar A

Hi All,

I work for an ISP. Currently we bought few switches and routers. Python is available in that switches. So I would like to write some scipts which I can run inside switch.

I tried module 'os, system', but It is not executing the commands in operational and configurational mode. Those modes' prompts are '*>' and '*#'.

Can somebody suggest me, if there is any module which I can use to execute commands inside a switch.

I don't want to use 'socket' module as I am not connecting the box and executing commands. I am running the script inside switch.

Please give some clue to start my automation.

Thanks!

Anil Kumar A

Adnan Sadzak

Hi,
there should be manufacturer documentation or API. What switch do You use?
Any other info?

Cheers,
Adnan