Need help in writing some code so i can re-use it in every module orclass

Unix SA

Hello Experts,

I have requirement, like i want to use below command in python script.

arguments>

now my requirement is i want to write some class so i can re-use "<command>
--username <username> --password <password>" part via importing as module
or class .. and re-use that in other module or classes .. so i dont have
to write that in every module or classes ..

Now why i wan to do this is ... currently <command> we are using is going
to change in near future to <command1>, so i dont have go to every module
and change that command if i have written single module or class and re-use
it in other ?

Hope i am clear enough to describe my issue?

any suggestions ?

Regards,
DJ

Roy Smith

Unix SA said:
Hello Experts,

I have requirement, like i want to use below command in python script.

arguments>

now my requirement is i want to write some class so i can re-use "<command>
--username <username> --password <password>" part via importing as module
or class .. and re-use that in other module or classes .. so i dont have
to write that in every module or classes ..

Now why i wan to do this is ... currently <command> we are using is going
to change in near future to <command1>, so i dont have go to every module
and change that command if i have written single module or class and re-use
it in other ?

What you are talking about is a very common technique. You write some
code which abstracts the intent of an operation, but hides the
implementation details. Then, you can change the implementation without
all the places it's called from having to be aware of the change.

So, it sounds like you want to write a function which accepts the two
variable parts of the command, namely the username and password. That
function will then use call(), or one of its variants, from the
subprocess module (http://docs.python.org/2/library/subprocess.html) to
execute the actual command, inserting all the other boilerplate.

If, at some point in the future, you change which command you're
calling, nothing but your function needs to change.