So I have (a sketch of) a universal system...

Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
So, about a year and a half ago I set out to build a universal system for programming websites (particularly php, css, html, js, and maybe mariadb). What I have come up with so far is a small backend that is a mini-framework (which accounts for "every single thing" in a database (mariadb), such that classes represent things in the database, i.e. databases, tables, rows and columns) that only need be extended by a frontend builder (currently grapesjs).

The overall intention is to produce a completely factorized system for building websites, where every single "thing" is accounted for (GrapesJS mentions these "things" in it's documentation, congruent with my otherwise definition of these "things": basically html elements and text nodes). All this really breaks down to is a text node pointing to and from columns in the database with in-/output filters.

Ultimately what I want is a huge system that rides on localhost, such that the whole thing is built out of one or more core classes (which are, in turn, extended as necessary), where these things have in-/output filtration for complete control of everything.

What I've found is that Wordpress (and I would definitely prefer this route), along with the plug-in mainwp, the plug-in pods, and grapesjs, fulfills this requirement most righteously. What I need to know is is pods nestable, e.g. can I, say, have a page or post with a series of thumbnails associated with it, or is there some plug-in/etc. out there that does this?

If not, is there anything out there other than Wordpress that can handle this? Overall just trying not to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks in advance! :D

Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
If it’s Turing complete doesn’t that mean it will work as the cornerstone of a universal system?