Open-source alternative to mainwp

Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Just got back into working with my beloved wordpress, developing a full stack for work, installed mainwp in wordpress, oo'ed and ah'ed for a second and then found that I couldn't do some basic stuff with it like clone/backup/critical stuff. Other than that the program rocks. I was thinking about writing an extension for it to fill in the gaps along said lines.

After that I got to thinking: you know, I could just program the world a freaking completely working system at this point...it's basically wordpress with pods, mainwp pro and maybe like a cli plugin, but the whole thing is turing complete...a lot. Like a lot lot.

So should wordpress create a dev mode or should I get chopping?