Python under the sea and in space

Jessica McKellar

Hi folks,

I'm trying to determine the greatest depth (in the ocean or underground)
and highest altitude at which Python code has been executed.

Please note that I'm interested in where the code was executed, and not,
say, where data that Python analyzed was acquired. I know for example that
NASA has analyzed plenty of data from space in Python, but the analysis was
done in labs here on Earth. :)

Do you have some good candidates? Please let me know!

Regards,
-Jessica

sjmsoft

I don't suppose "eight miles high" in the figurative sense counts?

Cheers,
Steve J. Martin

Steven D'Aprano

I don't suppose "eight miles high" in the figurative sense counts?

I'm afraid I don't know what "eight miles high" in the figurative sense
means. There's at least two songs by that name, and a German movie, and I
wonder whether you're thinking of the "mile high club", but other than
that, I'm lost.

In any case, O doubt that Jessica is asking in a figurative sense.

sjmsoft

I'm afraid I don't know what "eight miles high" in the figurative sense
means.

I was referring to the Byrd's song "Eight Miles High"--purportedly a drug song.

-- SJM

mm0fmf

Hi folks,

I'm trying to determine the greatest depth (in the ocean or underground)
and highest altitude at which Python code has been executed.
[snip]
Do you have some good candidates? Please let me know!

I have executed Python code (bottle web framework) on a Raspberry Pi at
590m ASL when hill walking. The Pi provides a Wifi AP and web server,
pages are viewed on a smartphone browser, data entered on the web pages
gets sent to an Iridium satellite modem over a USB/serial link. It then
gets downlinked and stuffed on the web.

590m is not much but I only got it all working the other week and 590m
is the biggest mountain I've been up since!

Andy