Pythoncom: Using array of special type (com_struct) as parameter

UlleAcki

Hi,
in my Python program I have to use a COM-Server. One method of the COM
class needs a SAFEARRAY of a special type as parameter.
Trying to create such an array and calling the method results in a
MemoryError.
Is it possible with pythoncom to use a SAFEARRAY(<mytype>)* as
parameter? If yes, how can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance, Ulf

Code pieces for demonstration:

IDL ------------
typedef [uuid(XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX)]
struct tagStructure {
BSTR name;
IUnknown* interface;
} SStructure;

[ odl, uuid(XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX),
dual, oleautomation ]
interface IManager : IDispatch {
[id(0x00000001)]
HRESULT Init([in] long id,
[in] SAFEARRAY(SStructure)* psaInterface);
};

Python ---------
modtypelib = win32com.client.gencache.EnsureModule('{XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}',
0, 1, 0)

mgr = win32com.client.Dispatch("ProgId")
obj = win32com.client.Dispatch("ProgId-2")
iUnk = obj._oleobj_.QueryInterface(pythoncom.IID_IUnknown)

rec = win32com.client.Record('SStructure', mgr)
rec.name = 'TheName'
rec.interface = iUnk
arr = []
arr.append(rec)