pyuno store OO object into blob

DarkBlue

Hello

Python 2.5.1
Qt 4.4.0
PyQt 4.4.2
OO 2.4.1
Firebird 2.1

I want to store an openoffice writer object into a blob field using
the pyuno bridge. I read about the possibility of using streams ,
but only see some old basic or java examples .

The writer document has been created and stored into an odf file
on disk. How to get it from there into the blob ?

Thanks for any ideas.

Marco Bizzarri

Hello

Python 2.5.1
Qt 4.4.0
PyQt 4.4.2
OO 2.4.1
Firebird 2.1

I want to store an openoffice writer object into a blob field using
the pyuno bridge. I read about the possibility of using streams ,
but only see some old basic or java examples .

The writer document has been created and stored into an odf file
on disk. How to get it from there into the blob ?

Thanks for any ideas.

I've little experience with firebird, and did this one only with
PostgreSQL; but once you get the odf file, can't you just write on a
temp file and read (and write) from that?

Regards
Marco

Hartmut Goebel

DarkBlue said:
I want to store an openoffice writer object into a blob field using
the pyuno bridge. I read about the possibility of using streams ,
but only see some old basic or java examples .

The writer document has been created and stored into an odf file
on disk. How to get it from there into the blob ?

The openoffice-python library <http://openoffice-python.origo.ethz.ch/>
contains hight-level support for streams. See sample script at
<http://svn.origo.ethz.ch/wsvn/openoffice-python/trunk/sample-scripts/open-stream.py>

--
Schönen Gruß - Regards
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult
Spezialist für IT-Sicherheit in komplexen Umgebungen
http://www.goebel-consult.de