[Q] for Bill H

bill

Searching for an old post of mine through Google, I came across a
recent post by Bill Herrera, that I found intriguing:

From: (e-mail address removed) (Bill)
Date: 7 Jun 2004 09:21:49 -0700
Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl.misc
Subject: Re: Cute bit of Perl to Assign $1,$2 to named variables

Michele Dondi said:
(i) the possibility of putting perl code (hooks) directly into @INC;

Yep, this one was just an aha! how come I never saw that before!
experience for me also in the past few months. Inserting refernces
into @INC allows some non-admin user level manipulations of home
directory CGI modules in taint mode I had thought too hard before.

Bill, could you elaborate on this idea, please? A simple example,
maybe?

Many thanks!

-(the other) bill

Bill

From: (e-mail address removed) (Bill)
Date: 7 Jun 2004 09:21:49 -0700
Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl.misc

Yep, this one was just an aha! how come I never saw that before!
experience for me also in the past few months. Inserting refernces
into @INC allows some non-admin user level manipulations of home
directory CGI modules in taint mode I had thought too hard before.

Bill, could you elaborate on this idea, please? A simple example,
maybe?

Many thanks!

-(the other) bill

I'm sure it's been done before. In fact, go to CPAN and look at:

Acme::Everything
Acme::RemoteINC
CPAN::AutoINC