Q: which one is AD server

Guest

Hello,

I have this code to retrieve Active Directory information, When I click
button1 I get an exception at oResults = oSearcher.FindAll saying “the server
is not operationalâ€. Which server name should I pass? I do not know much
about in our network but I am sending one of the server name in our
environment which I can reach active directory.
Thanks,
Jim.

System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
GetAllUsers("MyServer")
End Sub

Public Function GetAllUsers(ByVal ldapServerName As String) As Hashtable

'To retrieve list of all LDAP users

'This function returns HashTable
_ldapServerName = ldapServerName

Dim sServerName As String = "mail"

Dim oRoot As DirectoryEntry = New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://" &
ldapServerName & "/ou=People,dc=MyDomain,dc=net")

Dim oSearcher As DirectorySearcher = New DirectorySearcher(oRoot)
Dim oResults As SearchResultCollection
Dim oResult As SearchResult
Dim RetArray As New Hashtable

Try

oSearcher.PropertiesToLoad.Add("uid")
oSearcher.PropertiesToLoad.Add("givenname")
oSearcher.PropertiesToLoad.Add("cn")
oResults = oSearcher.FindAll

For Each oResult In oResults

If Not oResult.GetDirectoryEntry().Properties("cn").Value =
"" Then

RetArray.Add(oResult.GetDirectoryEntry().Properties("uid").Value, _
oResult.GetDirectoryEntry().Properties("cn").Value)
End If

Next

Catch e As Exception

Response.Write("Error is " & e.Message)